Monday, August 3, 2009

Beach or Bust 2009


Vines Beach Week 2009

I look forward to this week every year. I think we figured that we have been doing beach week for 22 years now. 22 years of memories. I can't think of a better place to reconnect with family. I remember all 13 cousins sleeping on the floor in the 'blue house' and the big family dinners each night. Even before the 'blue house' there was the 'brown house' and know we are fortunate to stay at the Vines' Beach Compound. Fishing trips, sunburns, cramped sleeping quarters, games and bbq's. I think I love the beach as much as my grandma Betty did. We miss them. The beach week has also unofficially been a testing ground for prospective family members, weeding our boyfriends and girlfriends. Fortunately Ben passed. This year we celebrated the fourth of July and Zach's 8th birthday. I love being together. Our family continues to multiply; 4 of the now 14 cousins are married with 6 kids between us and 3 more on the way. Isn't it amazing?
































Lincoln, Tatum, Peyton, Romi

(4 /6 Great-Grandchildren)




LRC

(Left, Right, Center)

Robert walked away with the cash this time.


Fun Zone






Kite Flying



Show-off


My Beach Babies



No comments: