Thursday, March 12, 2009

" You say it's your birthday...."

After 4 days of heavy antihistamines to keep any possible reaction from reoccurring I celebrated my big 29th birthday! I love birthdays, I love my birthdays.
I woke up to a wonderful birthday surprise. Eggs Benedict and cupcakes in bed. Ben started his morning at 5:30 am to make breakfast before he was off to work. I even got to open my presents before he went to work! Tatum was so excited to help.


Ben with my birthday morning surprise!
Ben found me this cute earring tree, with these awesome earrings and the ring. Oh and you'll never guess what else, a ballroom dancing instructional dvd. I have been begging him to take lessons with me for a long time, and he compromised and said he would be willing to try out the dvd.

Yes, he made these.



"Owl always love you" too Ben!

An Owl at Disneyland, perfect.

I went to Disneyland on Wednesday, March 4th with my mom and the kids. We got rained on. We didn't stay long, just about 3 hours, but long enough to enjoy a few rides in California Adventure. One of the presents from Ben was an owl shirt which I wore that day to Disneyland so Tatum was insistent she wear hers. My mom such a trooper, lugging around kids in the rain, for me and for my kids. Thanks mom.


We had a small break from the rain.


We made it home just in time to make it to Tatum's soccer practice.
Fueling up on birthday cupcakes before practice.


I have left Tatum overnight thrice. Once on our 5 year anniversary for one night, she was one week shy of her second birthday. The second time I left her overnight, it was three consecutive nights when I went into labor with Lincoln, she was 25 months old and for one nigh on Thursday, March 5th. Thursday was the first and only night so far that Lincoln has been left overnight.
Ben and I went to Anaheim and stayed here:


No kids. Thanks mom and dad. We went to Outback for dinner, watched The Office, and slept in. Then, we went to Disneyland. Yep, twice in one week. We went without the kids. It was SOOOOO weird. We didn't even go to Fantasyland or Toontown. We went on the big kid rides, we had no lines. We went to both parks. Disneyland is a whole different experience without kids. I felt like I was in high school running around with my boyfriend.


Ben, wore this shirt to Disneyland ( I think it is his favorite),and you can't believe how many quizzical looks his shirt got. They just couldn't figure it out.

You know what made the day even better, the kids were angels for my parents. They napped, they ate, they played at the park and had ice-cream cones and I don't think they even missed us. We made it home before bedtime on Friday. Thanks mom and dad.
So long!

2 comments:

Jill said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!

Brooklyn said...

I'm glad your birthday was so great. Ben really went all out! You've trained him well!