Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Call me lucky.


I love St. Patrick's Day. After all it is a holiday. When I reminded Ben on Monday night that the following day was St. Patrick's Day. He asked me what that meant. Now Ben has a full understanding of the holiday, but he wanted to know what that meant to me and in turn him. Like, would he be asked to dress up as a leprechaun or maybe construct a giant rainbow with a pot of gold(maybe next year), or just wear green. He wanted to now what his role would be in the next day's festivities. I think he thinks I crazy, especially when a holiday rolls around. I was raised this way. A holiday is not worth celebrating if it's not over-the-top! Tatum loves holidays too. The anticipation just kills her.

Bennie Bunker - Mar 18, 2009

Tricia is exactly the same way...any holiday is worth celebrating...I had my clothes laid out for the next day, she woke up in the middle of the night to use the restroom. While doing so, she noticed that I didn't have any green and made me go switch out my work shirt before going back to bed. Then, Tricia had the two kids wake up to find Shamrock footprints leading to a green basket and everyone got a little green prize in it. This was followed by green milk, green eggs, etc. The two kids were decked out in all green and Tatum paraded around my office handing out green cookies to 'the ladies'. You gotta love it.








She wouldn't eat the green eggs.

Lady Leprechaun GoGo bought the kids St. Patty's Day shirts and socks. Tatum got a pair of sandals as well, it took a whole lot of coaxing to keep her from wearing both at the same time.

I'm lucky indeed.

Yep, they weigh the same. No, they are not twins. 2 years apart. Lincoln otherwise known as Monster Baby!

Just a close up of the war wound inflicted by none other than the angel sitting behind him.



2 comments:

Lori said...

Yeah for St. Patrick's day! You're kids are so cute and getting so big!

Caitlin Teal said...

Those kids are so dang cute. And Tricia, you are too! My gosh what a darling wife/mom!