Thursday, January 14, 2010

We fit in.

I remember it took about a month to feel confident taking Tatum out and I would think, "I was so much easier on my own."
Then Lincoln came, just when it was getting easy with Tatum. I had the car seat and a toddler and it seemed like such a huge ordeal to go anywhere and I remember thinking, "this was so much easier with one."  Of course, two became manageable and now we have three.
I have been really scared to venture out with the three kids on my own. I didn't know how I would handle the shopping cart or if I should use the double stroller instead. I knew I would have to time the trip just right. Every kid fed, snacks in the bag, Saylor nursed and all stuffed into the back of the Honda we went to the one place I thought we would fit in. Even if the kids are dirty, even though I have a preschooler, toddler and newborn and even if one, two, or all three were throwing fits we would fit in.

We went to Walmart.
We fit in.

3 comments:

Brooklyn said...

Good for you for venturing out! I dread taking two to the store, so I can imagine what three must be like. But Wal-Mart is definitely the place to go to fit in!

Lindsay said...

You look like me! hahaha!
Except, there's not very much room in the cart for the things you need to actually purchase! So now, I push the double stroller with one hand and pull the cart with the other. It's not too bad actually!

meg said...

but here's my question: where the h did you put all the groceries?