Sunday, January 3, 2010

Homemade Christmas

We decided this year that Ben and I were going to make gifts for each other. I would have been more worried about this idea if Ben weren't so creative. What I worried about the most was that my gift wouldn't be good enough to gift.

This homemade Christmas idea extended beyond our gifts to each other. We made gifts for other family members and our service project this year was also very hands on.


Ben's Christmas Gift
"He Said... She Said"
A 35 page book of memories of our first year together.
First Date. First Kiss. Family Impressions. A compilation of a whole bunch of firsts.



Part of Ben's gift also included
"The 12 Dates of Christmas"
Each night was something that we could do together
Guitar Hero, Temple Night, Christmas Movie


Family Service Project

We made 'texture bean bags'. We went through the Humanitarian Services with this project. They had the project ready, they just needed someone to fill the beanbags and sew them shut. Local hospitals and clinics use these cloth bags of different textures for sensory learning of children with special needs.


Ben gave me an amazing gift.
He took me on a trip down
" Memory Lane"
It was a pictorial trip.


It had pictures of all the places we've lived, icons representing our children and other wonderful and personal memories.

The qoute on the picture reads:
"The heart of a marriage is memories; and if the two of you happen to have the same ones and can savor your reruns, then your marriage is a gift from the gods. " --Bill Cosby

Our Best Homemade Christmas Gift

Saylor Rose


3 comments:

The Hechts said...

Congrats on the baby, with all the holiday craziness I didnt realize you had her she is beautiful!!! I wish it was my turn soon, but we are not even half way there!!!

susan r. nash said...

My gift was to be a part of and hands on with this sweet little family of ours.....tricia is such a great example to me in so many ways, wonderful gifts of a new baby granddaughter, two others that own me and the joy and laughter that filled our home this holiday season, so i am the one that feels so blessed, thank you.

Jill said...

You were the prettiest bride ever