Monday, November 9, 2009

Tatum is 4!


I can't call her baby girl or even get away with calling her a toddler, she is 100% BIG girl and reminds us of that fact everyday. We weren't going to tell her it was her birthday on Wednesday because we were having her parties on Friday and I just thought it would be easier that way. So, Wednesday morning I packed up the kids and headed to Disneyland to receive her birthday bucks. I was trying really hard to keep it low key and not say anything but Disneyland blew my cover. She began questioning and realized it was in fact her birthday. She was initially really excited and asked at least 20 times if she was now four years old, which I confirmed each time. It wasn't until the drive home that she became a little sad and said, "But my dad didn't say Happy Birthday to me yet!" So I guess I screwed up, you can't hide a birthday from a BIG girl!


We kept it low key at Disneyland and actually just spent a few hours at California Adventure.


Sporting her birthday button from Disneyland.


Needless to say, Ben felt bad about the whole "is it really my birthday thing," and decided that the three of us should head to Chili's for a birthday dinner. She was so excited, she talked so much she didn't even really eat.



The birthday celebration continued at her field trip the next day

with cupcakes to share and making Apple Cider


so far a fun week.



1 comment:

Brooklyn said...

She's such a beauty...and I'm still reeling that she's four already!