Monday, March 29, 2010

Eternal Family




 It is so hard to express in writing the way one feels. Brady expressed it in his hugs. The first time I met him while Ben and I were dating, I was practically lifted off my feet with his embrace. The Bunkers are the kind of family that is full of diversity. Three boys and three girls, all married which most certainly adds to the diversity. It is good diversity, it is fun diversity it add so much flavor. I have been so blessed to be a part of this family. I have been so blessed to know Brady.

The passing of Brady has been sudden and tragic. The range of emotions cannot not be expressed and my heart aches. My heart aches for Ben, his parents, his siblings, his family, his friends and all those who loved him and have been touched and influenced by his presence. Although, there has been many tears and will continue to be many tears I left the funeral feeling so much hope and love from my Heavenly Father. I am grateful for an all knowing, merciful Father that sacrificed His Son, so that we can be reunited with those that we love.

Tricia




Obituary
Written By Brooklyn Bunker Evans

Braden Neil Bunker, 26, returned to his Heavenly Father on March 21st, 2010. He was born in Wahiawa, Hawaii on August 3rd, 1983 to Stephen and Teri Bunker and was their fifth child. Brady grew up in Las Vegas, Nevada and St. George, Utah and graduated from Snow Canyon High School in St. George. He had started a stucco business and was working toward his college degree, most recently at Weber State in Ogden, Utah.

Brady will be best remembered for his love of nature, his daredevil antics, his ability to make people howl with laughter, and his tender heart. In addition, he loved wearing hats and was never without a baseball cap of one kind or another.

From the time Brady was a child, he enjoyed nothing more than spending time outdoors and collecting all kinds of creatures including insects, reptiles, fowl and mammals. He excelled at sports and liked fishing, hiking, snowboarding, and motorcycles. Brady had been greatly anticipating a “boys’ retreat” to Moab that he was to take with his father and brothers in June. He seemed to have been born fearless. Whether cliff diving or tree jumping, Brady was always game for an adventure. The challenge for the rest of us was just keeping up with him!

Those who knew Brady will never forget his ability to make all of us double over with laughter. Whether he was cracking jokes around the dinner table or play-wrestling one of his sons, Brady was a kid at heart. He was especially notorious for his holiday text-messages and for the pranks he loved to play. In addition, his family admired his ability to retain a sense of humor even in the face of difficulty. Brady liked to say, even on his worst days, that he was “livin’ the dream.”

Brady will be especially remembered for his sweet and loving nature. He never hesitated to express his affection to those around him and was always the first to offer a hug at family gatherings. He and his wife performed acts of service at Christmastime each year despite having so little themselves. Most of all, though, Brady loved his three boys dearly and cherished the time he spent with them.

Brady is survived by his wife Sara and his sons, Addox, Payton, and Easton, as well as by his parents and five siblings.

Be at peace, our beautiful green-eyed boy. Nothing can hurt you now. We love you so much and look forward to the day we can embrace you again.
Bunker Brothers


The Spectrum


Broomhead Funeral Home



FACEBOOK

4 comments:

AEllsworth said...

It was so great to see you guys. Even though it was for a reason I nerver fathomed. I am so sorry. It probably doesn't help that I'm 9 months pregnant but I find myself crying randomly throughout every day. I'm so heartbroken for your family. I'm heartbroken for my son and especially heartbroken for Brady. It saddens me that he will miss out on our son growing up. But then I am comforted by the knowledge that Brady can be even closer to him now then ever before. Brady can watch over him as he experiences life and even more. He can comfort him when life gets hard. When I can't be there and when he feels all alone, Brady can guide him through. What a blessing that will be to him. I will always be grateful to Brady for the blessing of my son. I will always be a better person for having known him and gone through what we did together. I would not be the person that I am today if it were not for him. So I am sad and heartbroken. But mostly I am grateful and happy for the experiences of life and for the day when we will "all" be together again.

Brooklyn said...

Wonderful post. Thanks so much for putting it up and for sharing these photos. We loved seeing your family despite the tough circumstances.

Brooklyn said...

I put some of these photos on the memorial Facebook page...hope you don't mind.

Brynn said...

Thank your for posting this, Tricia.