Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I'm so glad when daddy comes home...

"I'm so glad when daddy comes home,
Glad as I can be,
clap my hands and shout for joy
and climb up on his knee.
Put my arms around his neck,
hug him tight like this.
Pat his cheeks and give him WHAT?
A GREAT BIG KISS! (Smack)"
-LDS Children's Songbook





I can't wait until 5:15 pm. Neither can the kids. Sure I enjoy the kids and the days that I spend with them, but isn't that time when daddy comes home the magic hour. I love that Ben is so excited to see us and greet us, I love that Ben loves coming home and I love that Tatum watches the clock and anticipates the sound of his truck coming up the street. I love that I chose the 'right one!' I love the husband he is and I especially love the father he is. Happy Father's Day Bennie! Superglue




As soon as the kids hear the pinpad on the door they go running.
This is the same scene everyday.

Running.



Hugging.

Questioning.
Tatum, " Daddy I missed you today. Daddy is your truck here? Daddy are you home?"
Lincoln is quick to follow, Tatum is just always first to the scene.



Homemade gifts from your kids, what could be better!?!

1 comment:

Brooklyn said...

Cai loves when her daddy comes home too. She hears the sound of the garage door and runs to give Matt big hugs! So endearing.