Thursday, June 25, 2009

Happy Camping!?!

Says who?














It was an interesting and exhausting 24 hours. I don't mind camping, I actually enjoy it. But, I blame myself (and Ben) for the night we had. We took the two kids, yep you read that right, we took Tatum (3 1/2) and Lincoln (18 months ) camping. In. a. tent. Yes, we are crazy. Tatum was a dream camper, she loved the novelty of everything. She loved the tent, her princess sleeping bag, the camp fire, cooking over the camp fire, s'mores. She loved it all. I knew we would have a hard time with Lincoln. He seemed to love camping too, but it was the sleeping part he was not so fond of. I tried to lay down with him at 8:30pm, an hour past his normal bedtime, that didn't work. So we took the kids for a drive. Tatum fell asleep in 3 minutes flat, Lincoln it took about an hour of us driving around, but alas he was asleep. We even transferred them both successfully to the tent floor. Tatum slept until 7:00 am the next morning.


Lincoln slept until 1:00 am.
He woke up so thrilled to see us all laying there and decided our air mattress was a trampoline. We tried everything, he thought it was all a game and seemed to really be enjoying himself. Ben took the insomniac for another drive at about 2 am, it didn't work. It was another couple of hours before he was asleep. Ben and I were both so tired it was nauseating. What were thinking? An 18 month old camping? We were asking for it.

We had planned to spend the next day at the campground's water park but we were so exhausted we lasted only about an hour and a half.









2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Tricia, I have to laugh because the EXACT same thing happened to us! Brooke was about to turn 4, and Andrew was 15 months when we did it...Had to drive him around to get him to sleep and then he woke up at 3 am ready to go! I had to sit with him in the car so we didn't wake anyone else up. I finally strapped him in his carseat at 5 am and he fell asleep. Brooke was perfect. I can totally relate to everything you said!!! Funny now, but not so funny at the time! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi, Tricia. I have a blog at www.picturecamping.com where I feature people's posts about camping, and I would like to send my readers your way. Of course I would give you credit for quotes and would link back to your site.

Thanks for considering this,

Jean B. in SC