Thursday, April 2, 2009

We graduated!!!!

We made it. When we got to the beachhouse(thanks Vines) Lincoln and Ben(appropriately so) crashed. Tatum and I set up a little something for daddy!

We are so glad to have Ben back. He really did a great job juggling family, work, church and school. We are just so glad to have him home in the evenings. Congratulations on all your hard work we are so proud of you and your accomplishments.

So, even though we have accrued a large student loan we did receive a few kickbacks over the weekend.
First, the beachhouse, thank you Vines' for letting us stay.
Second, Disneyland, thanks Mom and Dad for our passes.
Third, a free milkshake. When we were walking around Fashion Island Ben had promised Tatum and ice-cream treat so he went into the food court and took her to Fatburger. Ben was wearing his Tom Waits t-shirt (this is important). Ben ordered his milkshake and the guy behind the counter (middle 30's) was fixated on his shirt. Now, Ben's shirt has received a lot of quizzical looks, one has to know who Tom Waits is to get the shirt. Anyway, the guy behind in the counter in all seriousness yells out "Tom Waits discount." A guy from the back kitchen comes running, literally dropping everything he was doing to check out the shirt. Now, I don't know if they were the owners(doubt it), and I don't know if a 'Tom Waits discount' is official company policy, but I do know we got ben received a 50% on his order that day!
Fourth, a free dinner a Chipotle. We grabbed some take-out on Saturday night at Chipotle. We all l went in to order. Tatum does her own ordering these days. When we got to the check-out and Tatum continued to charm the employees. Her charm and adorableness got her a free dinner!


Where else would we go to celebrate?




After Ben finished his comprehensive exam we headed to Newport for an extended weekend. Ben even took Monday off.


I let Tatum pack her little suitcase with toys for the weekend and what she brought was hilarious. The funniest thing was her pillowcase. She removed the pillowcase from her pillow and brought just the case. Random.

The kids got some new shades like daddy's.

Fashion Island

Balboa Pier
The kids were making me so nervous, Tatum kept poking her head through the railing, I didn't even let Linc out of the stroller. That's as close as he got to the side.



My beach girl
As we were headed to the sand she said, " Where is my uncles?"

When I said we graduated this is what I meant:


Ben had this set up for me before he left to take his test.

"Tricia--
CONGRATS! NEW GRAD!! You made it. I always said that you should get a diploma rather than me! I think you had longer days, more difficult tests and less resources. Thanks for everything! I love you more than you know. Ben"

2 comments:

Brooklyn said...

Congratulations to both of you! You made it!

meg said...

can i get a copy of that diploma? by the way, you are such a cute wife to do all that stuff!