Thursday, February 12, 2009

" That candy tastes like chalk"



Does anyone else think that those conversation hearts taste like chalk? Lincoln had been caught eating chalk before so it was no surprise that he likes these hearts. I don't like the conversation heart candies, roses aren't my favorite flower and I don't think I would enjoy getting hit with a heart shaped arrow but I do LOVE Valentine's Day! I love making cookies/cupcakes decorated in pink and red, I love making Valentine cards with stickers and glitter, I love having another reason to celebrate. To all the Valentine naysayers, I agree we shouldn't zero out one day a year to show someone that we love them, we should do that everyday and everyday can be a reason to celebrate but it is FUN to do a little something extra once and awhile, so I say brings on Valentines Day!!!



Crafting the Valentines Cards


Cupid Dropped In





Ben's mailbox:


I first saw the above shirt and thought, "Yep he does love his spreadsheets, perfect!" I did a little more searching and came across the shirt below, now this is PERFECT!


Description from website:
This shirt reminds me of my buddy Phil who is an accountant. He is the spreadsheet king. You would never realize it by looking at him, but he has quite the temper. He gets ejected or nearly ejected from most recreation league sports for talking trash to opposing players and referees. He's got mad spreadsheets though.

Vintage Seafoam Ultra Soft 100% Cotton T-Shirt with Blue Print

Also in his mailbox; chocolate covered sunflower seeds, a small box of chocolate & caramel truffles and an accordion card, and a card from Tatum.


Tricia's Mailbox

A card from Tatum and ;

Love, love, love these handmade earrings Ben gifted me.
Oh and the card it is the coolest card, the heart is actually a super thin piece of wood and this is what Bennie wrote on the back:

" It's like this bird-----soaring
Is just like me----adoring you,
And through clouds, I glide
Slow motion, your stride.
My heart stops but wings flutter
No elegant words, my song uttered.
Like these birds---a myriad,
'I love you. Period.' "


Tatum's Mailbox

I Spy Valentine book
Disney Princess magnets
Valentine Stamp Set
Princess Candy
Lip Sucker
Accordion Card




Lincoln's Mailbox

Valentine Zoo Book
Red Matchbox Car
Disney Cars Magnets
Lip Sucker
Card from Tatum
Accordion Card




Lovin' breakfast


An e-card:

Tatum and Lincoln,
Roses are red, violets are blue
Most kids are cute---but not as cute as you!!
You are incredibly cute! We love looking at pictures of you on your blogs. We miss you!!!
Hugs and kisses,
Grandpa and Grandma Bunker

2 comments:

Jill said...

Candy hearts are nasty. Fax me

Brynn said...

Wow - looks like you had a great Valentine's Day!

By the way - I don't really like sweets or candy very much, but the hearts are actually one of my favorites! I think I am the only adult that actually eats them.