Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Flu

This weekend was flippin awesome! Here is why:
Thu/Fri - Tatum and Linc had a puking competition. Linc won.
Fri - laid low
Sat - they were feeling better so we hit up monsters university at the drive-in.
Sun - church and a fierce game of star wars monopoly.
Mon - Saylor woke up puking.  A little late to join the contest but I like the determination.

My Mon morning went something as follows:
6:30 woke up not feeling well. I'm tough has help so I went to work anyway.
8:00 I thought maybe I just didn't get enough sleep--could take a quick nap at lunch.
10:30 took lunch. That's right, took lunch at 10:30. Slept in my car.
11:30 Woke up thinking somebody punched me in the face repeatedly while asleep. Spent next half hour trying to determine if I was asleep or unconscience.
12:00 strategy development: grin-and-bare-it or walk-it-off. I chose option 3 which was go-home-and-cry.
12:30 went home and puked until I lost my kidney. Puked again until had had no further stomach acid.
1:30 Truly thought it was Judgement Day and I was given unfavorable decision.
2:00 crossed Dante's Inferno off my to-read list. Why do I need his account when I can now right my own.
3:00 battled the unholy regime with sprite. Worked well for six minutes.
4:00 blurring the lines between post-mortal apocalypse and it being Monday.
5:55 typing an email wondering if I'm a bigger wuss than my kids.

- Ben Bunker

No comments: