Saturday, September 4, 2010

I did dit!

"I DID DIT!

I was really dreading the day we were to start potty training with Lincoln.
I dreaded the hours we would sit in the bathroom, this time with an extra kid. 
I dreaded the messes and frustrations and the constipation.
I dreaded being homebound.

We spent hours in the bathroom with Tatum. We did puzzles, we read books all for one little tinkly a day. I thought we were doing so great.

Now, Lincoln. He is a different story entirely. I knew he wouldn't sit for hours like Tatum did, he is also a bit more stubborn and he is a boy. I was really prepared for the worst.
We decided to start Saturday morning, we tossed the diapers and hung out outside all day. The potty was in the backyard. He wet 6 pairs of underwear and he didn't pee.
Right before bedtime after a long day of wetness, he did it! 
I stayed home from church with him the next day and he did fantastic--he even pooped!
By day three we were trained, we even took a trip to Target!

He has been doing great!
I am not naive enough to say we won't have accidents but I can't believe our progress.

He uses the BIG potty!
He loves to say "I DID DIT!"

Day 4 he had already filled his sticker chart and we were headed to Chuck E Cheese!



3 comments:

Lively's said...

So happy it went better than expected! I have heard boys are harder than girls, so way to go!

Amy said...

Awesome! That is a good day when you are done buying diapers! 2 down, 1 to go :)

Brooklyn said...

Wow! I'm so impressed. I really need to get on the ball with potty-training Cai. You are a great example!