Monday, April 12, 2010

Tatum and GoGo

Susan Nash - Apr 4, 2010  

    This happened as i was combing through her hair after her bath today:

Tatum:   gogo who combed your hair when you were little?
Gogo:     My mommy did.
Tatum:   what was her name?
Gogo:     Grandma Betty, she was my mom, i loved her very much!
Tatum:   Oh gogo that is a cute name, i think i would love her very much.
(by now i am trying to hold back tears and concentrate on what i am doing, with little success)
Gogo:     I know she loved you very much i think she hand picked you right before you were born to send you down to your new family.   I tlhink she kissed your forehead just like this (as i kissed her forehead) and sent you down to live with your mommy and daddy.
Tatum:   so she is in Heaven with my Uncle Brady?
Gogo:   yes she is with Grandpa Theron and lots of other ones we love.
Tatum: gogo don't cry i don't want you to be sad, you can't go to the party if you cry, take a deep breath (i did like i was told) there that is better now.

This little girl is so close to the spirit, she is amazing!   Somehow she knew i needed to talk about my mother today, as this was her favorite time of spring, i can't smell a orange blossom without thinking of her, she has been very close to me lately, and I am so grateful for a little 4 year old that brought it all out to the surface today.   Tatum sue you own my heart in a way that no other does!   happy happy Easter to all today!
  

No comments: