Tuesday, December 15, 2009

December 8, 2009

December 8, 2009
9:01 am
Saylor Rose
7 lbs 10 oz
19 1/4 inches

The pitocin started at around 5:00 am, I was a nervous wreck. Of course we didn't sleep at all the previous night. It is impossible to get rest in a hospital. We had nurses and dcotors in almost every half hour. Once labor starts for me, it doesn't stop and it is so fast. I was nervous that Saylor would have blood glucose issues and/or my biggest concern was her having breathing problems. She would be considered preemie.
The doctors assured me that since I hadn't dilated on my own yet that she would probably be a later afternoon or evening baby. I tried to warn them.
My water broke at 6:30 am and at that point I was really feeling it. The nurse assured me that I had plenty of time. I tried to warn them.
8:00 am
There was absolutely no break in the contractions and my biggest fear was a repeat of Lincoln's delivery. I was so worried she would get stuck.
The nurse called for an epidural, but not a doctor. So, I didn't get check for dilation at the point.
8:30 am
Anesthesiologists shows up and begins the epidural process. Literally there is no break in the contractions and she is having to take lots of breaks in the process. The epidrual is in but she can't administer medicine without another anesthesiologist present.
Ten or so minutes later, I feel like Saylor is making her debut. They call for the doctor, I finally get to a dose of medicine they say it will take 20 minutes to work fully.
The doctor runs in and realizes that, yes Saylor is ready.
He tells me to push, then makes me stop and holds Saylor's head to stop her from coming. He called for another nurse and the NICU nurses. They arrive and seconds later so does Saylor. Safely.
The epidural kicks in completely.

Saylor didn't have any of the problems that we had anticipated, we feel so very blessed.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

amy said...

Congrats Bunkers!

Saylor Rose is a really cute name and I'm glad everything went so smoothly...even if it was a little quick!

Brooklyn said...

I'm impressed that you've had the time and energy to blog about all that's happened in the past little while. Whew! Thank heavens everything went well. Saylor is beautiful and I so wish I could see Tatum "mothering" her. Cai still won't acknowledge that she has a baby sister. Congratulations!

Lindsay said...

Congratulations!!! She is perfect and such a little doll! I'm glad her birth was trouble free (even if it was fast!) What a wonderful Christmas gift!

Jill said...

Yay!!! I'm so happy for you, girl