Monday, August 25, 2008

I can't believe...

that summer is almost over!!!

Just a few things that have kept us busy:

Steff and I have set up a booth at Market Night (see link below)
http://downtownredlands.com/market.htm
Market Night is also a Farmer's Market, before we were selling our wares we would come almost weekly for fresh flowers, fruit and vegetables.
Steff is selling bows and I am selling custom flip-flops. I started making a few pairs just for Tatum, those few pairs turned into a few hundred. We are at market night almost every Thursday night. It is fun to be there, making some extra cash and Tatum loves it. She gets her face painted and rides the ponies, and we always have a few extra people hanging out at the booth to keep us company and help with the set-up and take-down.

'Tatum's Tootsies'





Tatum at the pony rides (obviously)


Julie and Lincoln at Market Night

YOUNG WOMEN

Of course this(YW) kept our family busy but since we have just moved I will be released this week and Ben was recently released from his calling as Gospel Doctrine teacher.



MOVIE
We also took Tatum to her first movie in an actual movie theatre this summer. We saw Kung-Fu Panda and loved it! I am not sure what Tatum actually enjoyed the most 1. Mom and Dad all to herself (we left Lincoln with Pa and GoGo) 2. Popcorn kiddie pack (includes MM's and drink) 3. All the other kids at the theatre or 4. the movie

Daddy enjoying his kiddie pack

POTTERY
I finally used a giftcard that I received for my birthday March 2007 at Color-Me-Mine and we took both of the kids. Next time we won't be taking the kids.



SWIMMING
No summer is complete without time spent at the pool


BEEHIVE
Ben and I (sans kids, thanks to my parents) had the opportunity to see Beehive! It was so entertaining and was performed at Prospect Park, this little outdoor community theatre. The theatre reminded me somewhat of the Tuachan in St. George. It was such a fun date!

http://www.rtfseason.org/Default.htm

http://beehivemusical.net/video.html



3 comments:

AEllsworth said...

So fun! You guys are always up to the funnest things. BTW love the flip flops :)

Brooklyn said...

Sounds like you've had a fun summer. The flip flops are absolutely adorable...and so are the kids!

Brynn said...

Wow - the Farmer's Market sounds like fun! Very cute sandals. I wanted to do the Farmers Market here this year, but I just didn't have it in me to make anymore soap!