Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter Weekend

This is how we dyed Easter eggs last year with Tatum and it worked great. No worrying about spills or stains and when she was done we just jumped the dye down the drain and kept Tatum in the bath. She loved it. She actually dyed and re-dyed the eggs about ten times, until her hand was literally black (see third picture)!




Our Easter Baskets

Lincoln donning new swimwear, found in his Easter basket.

Rigggins with his Easter gift--we had to give him something to leave the plastic eggs alone!
This is the first of three Easter egg hunts of the day. I didn't want her to have candy overload so I filled her eggs with her refrigerator alphabet magnets--she was more into the hunt than what was actually inside the egg! Although the candy was a bonus! This egg hunt was in our yard.

Examining her loot

Second egg hunt of the day, at GoGo's and Papa's

Tatum was more concerned with finding more eggs and less with the family photo op

Tatum and Lincoln's Easter basket from GoGo and Papa. Yes, that is a new duck in the basket but Tatum isn't planning on replacing 'ducky'!
Third Easter egg hunt of the day (there were five in total), at the Peterson's home. She completely insisted on carrying her own basket.






This is how Lincoln spent the day!


Easter Sunday
Redlands Temple



It was so fun to share in the excitement of Easter with Tatum and to see how excited she was with the candy and eggs how grateful I am to experience this with her, but more importantly I am grateful for the knowledge I have of the resurrection.

“I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine. As the Father knoweth me, even so I know the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.” (John 10:14-15)

I know that Jesus Christ died for us. I know He suffered and laid down His life because he loves us. I know that if we choose to follow Him we will be happy. I know He died, but more importantly I know He has risen. He lives!

“And now after the many testimonies which have been given of him, this is the testimony, last of all, which we give of him: That he lives!” (D& C 76:22)
Happy Easter







2 comments:

Brooklyn said...

What great pictures! I'll have to remember to put Cai in the bathtub to dye eggs next year. Your little ones are absolutely adorable! I love that Tatum has a purse and hat to match her dress...she's a little trendsetter, as always.

Unknown said...

I love the Easter pictures!! I starting to think that Tatum is a spoiled .Just like her Mommy was.
Miss you guys.

XOXO