Thursday, March 27, 2008

The Deterioration of 'Ducky'

My mom bought Tatum this 'ducky' during a post easter shopping trip. She immediately fell in love with it. She would nestle her face in the soft fur and would snuggle so sweet with her 'ducky'. At the time I was thinking,' Oh great another toy that I am going to have to find a place for, that probably won't see much playtime,' boy was I wrong. Tatum doesn't just snuggle with 'ducky', she sleeps with it, he plays toys and reads books with her --it is her best friend. If she had to choose between 'ducky' and mommy, 'ducky' wins. We do have a couple rules with 'ducky' 1.He isn't allowed in the bath, and 2. He doesn't leave the house (we wouldn't be able to replace him).


April 2006

June 2006

November 2006 At this point, 'ducky' has lost his hat.

December 2006 (Okay so he left the house for this trip, he came with us to Utah)

February 2007

July 2007 ( Okay, so he left the house again-- but we were at the beachhouse for a week)
'Ducky' seen here without his hat and now without his scarf.
12/26/2007 Tatum, Ducky, Lincoln (one week old)
'Ducky' losing his fur(feathers), I think it is called molting.

January 2008

February 2008

March 2008
'Ducky' has been gradually losing all his fluff, Tatum will find a piece of his stuffing and put it back in through a whole on his head.

April 2008
Tatum recieves 'new duck' and Lincoln receives 'froggie' for Easter. Tatum calls the new duck, 'new duck' and it has definitely not replaced 'ducky', but she does like to play with him and has started sleeping with both ducks.




April 2008
Lincoln with 'froggie', this reminds me so much of the early months with 'ducky'.



3 comments:

AEllsworth said...

I hope you guys don't mind... I saw your link on Brooklyn's blog. Your kids are so cute! Tatum is gorgeous and Lincoln is so handsome. The Easter outfits were adorable and the Ducky story was a hoot. It was fun to see how good you all are doing and how cute your family is!

Jill said...

Seriously, you have the prettiest child I have ever seen!!

meg said...

Cute pictures. I can't believe how long Tatum's hair is! P.S. I think I'll have to add bumbo seat to my current list (swing, double stroller, etc.) What's another $40?