Wednesday, October 26, 2011

An ordinary day.

October 26, 2011.

Today was a typical day.
Early morning wake up with Tatum to 1st grade and Lincoln to Playschool.
Grabbed lunch with Ben and Saylor to celebrate our ninth anniversary.
I had some calls to make for work that I tried to squeeze in during Saylor's naptime.
Pick up Lincoln, pick up Tatum, play with friends after school for a bit.
Home for homework and dinner.
Bathtime, bedtime .
Ben had to go back to work, I was busy working on decorations for the Trunk or Treat.
I was thinking how uneventful the day had been. I so looked forward to celebrating our anniversary. We hadn't planned anything, low funds and not a second to spare I was thinking how ordinary the day was that had passed. It was all so very ordinary, but this is the life I have always envisioned myself living. Kids, a cozy home, a hard working husband, obligations in church and school all make for a pretty ordinary day. But, we hit 9 years and all the ordinary happenings and the love that is in our home, has fulfilled my dreams and made my life an extraordinary one.
Tricia

2 comments:

Sarah Hull said...

That was beautiful! Love this. Thanks for sharing! Happy 9 years!!

Brooklyn said...

Great post and great attitude. You two have built a wonderful life together!