Friday, August 20, 2010

Tatum's Tattlings

Tatum's Kindergarten Class has a split schedule
Early Birds arrive at 7 45 am
Late Birds arrive at 9 41 am
Early Birds leave at 11 06 am
Late Birds leave at 1 50 pm

There is 12 students in each shift, the crossover time includes rug time, lunch and recess. It is such an awesome set up but Tatum has been a bit confused.

A few days before school starts

Me: "Tatum, you are going to be a late bird."
Tatum: " Mom, I don't want to be late."
Me: " You won't be late but you will be starting later."
Tatum: " Mom, I don't want to be late."
Me: " Tatum, I promise you won't be late, you will be on time as a late bird."
Tatum: " Mom, I don't want to be late.
Before School
"
Me:       "Tatum, we are going to be late, put on your shoes PLEASE!:
Tatum: "Mom , I am late (late bird)."


At school on time

Tatum : " Mrs. Paxman, I'm late (late bird)"
Mrs. Paxman: "Tatum, you're not late."
Tatum: " Yes, I am."


Half Day Schedule: All Kindergartners are Early Birds

Me :" Tatum,  grab your backpack you are an early bird today."
Tatum: " No, mom I need to be late."
 We made it on time


It has been a bit of an Abbot and Costello act at our house as Tatum works through it.

1 comment:

Brooklyn said...

That is hilarious. I'm sure she is the cutest kindergartener ever!